India to be Co-Partner Country in ANUGA 2017
- It gives us the opportunity to showcase our strengths and opportunities to an international audience.
- Food Processing Sector has lots of challenges to deal with but due to the transformation happening in this sector in the last 3 years, the industry is ready to overcome the obstacles.
- Government has started nine Mega Food Parks; strengthening cold chain infrastructure; implementing Kisan-SAMPADA scheme with allocation of Rs 6000 crore; creation of corpus of Rs. 2000 Crore with NABARD for priority lending to the food processing industries; rationalising taxes; allowing 100% FDI in retail market for Food sector, etc.
- These steps will help the Government in achieving its vision of making India a Global Food Factory rather than being a market place only.
- “Brand India will be standing parallel with Brand ANUGA in Cologne, Germany”.
- Food diplomacy will bridge many differences and would transform the lives of farmers.
- Development of Food Processing Industries will help in achieving the target of doubling farmers’ income by 2022.
- We need to upgrade our farming techniques and need investment not only in Food Processing but also in Farming technologies.
Meeting on Draft Ganga Bill Held
- The committee constituted to review the provisions of the draft National River Ganga (Rejuvenation, Protection and Management) Bill, 2017 held its meeting in New Delhi .
- The meeting held under the chairmanship of Director General, NMCG Shri UP Singh discussed various aspects of the Bill specially the preamble, definitions and some others chapters.
- This committee has been constituted by the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation to examine the salient features of the draft National River Ganga (Rejuvenation, Protection and Management) Bill, 2017.
- The bill addresses the critical issues pertaining to River Ganga on its cleanliness (Nirmalta) and un-interrupted e-flow (Aviralta) and provides corresponding penalty provisions thereof.
- The committee also recognized the enormous challenges being faced to maintain the wholesomeness of the River perpetuated due to over stressed water demand from agricultural, domestic and industrial sectors.
- It may be recalled that for the first time such legislation is being attempted in the country which has been necessitated by the huge pressures to preserve and protect River Ganga.
- The Bill also captures various judgments on the River Ganga including Supreme Court, various High Courts and the National Green Tribunal. The Bill is proposed to be developed as a model bill to preserve, conserve and manage different rivers and it would likely to be the role model for development of other rivers of the Country.
- Ministry of Water of Resources River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation constituted a committee under Chairmanship of Justice Giridhar Malviya in July 2016 for the preparation of Draft Act on National River Ganga for ensuring wholesomeness and Cleanliness (Nirmalta) and un-interrupted flow (Aviralta).
Health Ministry launches Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight (IDCF)
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched the Intensified Diarrhea Control Fortnight (IDCF) in order to intensify efforts to reduce child deaths due to diarrhoea.
- The Ministry has made it a national priority to bring health outcomes among children to a level equitable with the rest of the world.
- Through this initiative, the Ministry will mobilize health personnel, State Governments and other stakeholders to prioritize investment in control of diarrhea, one of the most common childhood illnesses.
- It aims to create mass awareness about the most effective and low-cost diarrhoea treatment— a combination of Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS) solution and Zinc tablets.
- During the fortnight, intensified community awareness campaigns on hygiene and promotion of ORS and Zinc therapy will be conducted at state, district and village levels. Narly 12 crore under 5-children will be covered during the program across the country.
- Almost all the deaths due to diarrhoea can be averted by preventing and treating dehydration by use of ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution), administration of Zinc tablets along with adequate nutritional intake by the child. Diarrhoea can be prevented with safe drinking water, sanitation, breastfeeding/appropriate nutrition and hand-washing.
- ASHA worker would undertake distribution of ORS packets to households with under-five children in her village.
- ORS-Zinc Corners will be set-up at health care facilities and non-health facilities such as Schools and Anganwadi centres. Frontline workers will hold demonstration of ORS preparation, along with counselling on feeding during diarrhea and hygiene and sanitation.
- The activities are also being supported by other ministries of the Government of India, especially the Education, Panchayati Raj Institutions, Women and Child Development, and Water and Sanitation.
Ministry of Culture to start implementation of ‘National Mission on Cultural Mapping of India’ from Goverdhan Block, Mathura
- In the year of commemoration of the birth centenary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay, who hailed from Mathura district in Uttar Pradesh, the Ministry of Culture.
- Block level mega talent hunt programme (Sanskritik Pratibha Khoj Samaroh) on 17th June, 2017 from 10 am to 5 pm at Radheshyam Sewa Sadan (in front of Gaudiya Math), Radha Kund Road, Gowardhan.
- The programme will be inaugurated by the Minister of State (Independent charge) for Culture & Tourism Dr. Mahesh Sharma, in the august presence of the Ministers of Uttar Pradesh having their constituency in Mathura District, MP and MLAs of Mathura District, Ministry’s Senior officials and various renowned artists including Padma, Sangeet Natak Akademi and State Awardees.
- This Mission is part of the ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ umbrella.